10 Most Popular Career Options in Digital Marketing
Introduction to the career options in digital marketing
You probably heard about digital marketing, a field growing more rapidly than ever before. There’s no doubt that the brands are investing more in this field.
However, many brands that opt for digital marketing have a prime objective to build their potential audience to make them aware of their products and influence them to buy their products.
Therefore, this field of marketing serves the best career opportunities in the modern world.
Let’s see its basic definition to move further:
What is Digital Marketing?
- In simple terms, it’s a branch of marketing that helps in connecting brands to consumers through multiple online platforms.
- Online platforms consist of Google, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest & many more.
Furthermore, Digital Marketing is versatile and creative offering various career options in the following fields:
- YouTube Marketing: YouTube Marketing is the practice of promoting businesses and products on YouTube’s platform, by uploading valuable videos on a company’s YouTube channel or using YouTube ads.
- Google Ads: Google ads is a digital advertising platform where advertisers can show & promote their products and services through different kinds of google ads advertisements.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Search engine marketing deals with the marketing of a brand using paid advertisements that appear on the main search engine result pages. SEM is also known as PPC(PayPerClick) advertising.
- Analytics: Analytics comes under the field of marketing that deals with the understanding of potential audience behavior, interest, etc, and provides desired results to make profitable marketing decisions.
- E-Commerce: E-commerce marketing is the modern marketing field that deals with making sales by creating and increasing awareness about an online store’s product offerings and brand.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing helps to make the customers aware of new products, discounts, and other services through E-mail.
By learning the above skills of digital marketing you can get a job role as a Digital Marketer or Digital Marketing Analyst.
It’s not important to master all the fields but as a fresher, you must be trained with at least two to three of them.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO helps websites to increase their rank in the search engine to get higher audience traffic organically. If businesses that don’t want to spend more on advertisements can take the organic path to grow their business economically and there’s the need for an SEO Executive.
- Social Media Marketing(SMM): SMM helps to create a brand’s online presence in various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc. By learning Social media marketing skills you can get a job role of Social Media Marketer or Social Media Analyst.
- Graphic Designing: Graphic design is a creative field where professionals create visual content to communicate messages. Graphic Designing plays a very important role in digital marketing to make a brand’s presence more impressive on various online platforms. If you excel in graphic designing skills you can opt for a career as a Creative Director or Graphic Designer.
- Content creation: creating interactive content for business promotion or to engage with the audience like blogging, SEO content writing, Social media content, web content, and many more.
Most In-demand Digital Marketing skills
- According to estimation, 93% of all online activity begins with a search engine. All businesses that strive to be on the top of the search engine results need an SEO expert, and that makes SEO the most in-demand skill.
- If you specialize in SEO and SEM then it’s quite high chances that you can land a high-paying job.
- Digital Advertising: Google Ads & Social Media ads.
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Creation
- Creative Designing
- Video Editing
Since digital marketing requires active learning, therefore, you have to update yourself as per the marketing trends to meet your company’s marketing goals.
Finally, we can conclude that digital marketing provides better career options for:
- Creative souls who want to explore their creative minds to further enhance their skills.
- Those Who can cope up with the high marketing competitions.
Hope this helps you get overall knowledge of popular career options in Digital Marketing and choose the one which fits you the best.