Step by Step Guide to get Google Ads Certification for free
Reading Time- 3 minutes
Yes, you heard it right! This Google Ads guide for beginners will help you to know how to get a google ads certification for free, from start to finish.
We will cover everything, from why Google Ads Certification is worth your time while explaining through a step-by-step tutorial.
Firstly, Let’s have a look at some basic fundamentals of Google Ads:
Introduction to Google Ads:
At First, it was introduced by Google in 2000 and named Google Adwords, later on, in 2018 it was renamed Google Ads.
Google Ads is an online advertising platform that helps your business to reach a potential audience and transform them into valuable customers.
Types of Google Ads Campaigns:
Google Ads provides a platform where an advertiser can show or promote and market their products and services.
Moreover, it consists of 6 different campaigns where an advertiser can run their ad campaigns as per the marketing goal.
Furthermore, the campaigns with their basic functions are as follows:
1. Search Campaign:
- When a user searches for something on Google, the list of ads that appear above the organic listing are called search ads.
2. Display Campaign:
- Create visually appealing ads that serve across the Google display network, youtube, and mobile apps.
3. Video Campaigns:
- This campaign type lets advertisers run video ads on YouTube and other Google Display Networks (GDN).
4. App Promotion Campaign:
- This campaign is helpful for a business that contains a mobile app.
- Advertisers can promote the mobile app across search, Play Store, Display, and YouTube.
5. Smart Campaign:
- In this Campaign, we can create image and text ads that show on Google, Google maps, and across the web.
- The main preferred goal of the Smart campaign is some action on your website.
6. Shopping Campaign:
- Before creating shopping ads we need to create an account on Google Merchant Centre ( GMC ) and link the GMC account with the Google Ads account, then only Google Ads will allow you to create the Shopping advertisements.
- GMC will allow you to get your product information into Google and make it available to shoppers across the Google Network.
Now, after having the overview of the Google Ads, let’s move forward to the
Google Ads certification Process:
Step 2: Secondly, on the home page you will find a browse tab on the left side of the menu bar.
Step 3: Thirdly, By clicking on the browse tab a new window will open showing the related certifications courses you can opt for.
Step 4: Then, Go for Google Ads
Step 5: Next, Click on Google ads certification
Step 6: Finally, you’ll be directed to the destination page showing various Google Ads Certification courses based on the ad campaigns as discussed earlier.
Step 7: Furthermore, you can opt for any certification course based on the desired campaign like search, display or video, etc.
Step 8: After opting for any particular certification course you can go through the course exercise provided by google skill shop academy to learn the basics. In between the course sections, it contains many exercises along with practical examples to help you deal with real-world projects.
Step 9: Moreover, before moving on to take the main certification exam you can check your knowledge by giving a knowledge check assessment so that you will be more confident to give the main exam.
Step 10: Lastly, after passing the knowledge check assessment you can go for the main certification exam.
Google Ads Assessment Exam
- Google ads assessment exam mainly consists of 49 questions and you have to complete it in 75 minutes.
- For getting a Certification you have to score more than 80%.
- If you are unable to get the passing score, you can retake the exam after 24hrs again.
Benefits of Google Ads Certification:
Having a Google Ads Certification will benefit you in the following ways:
- Helps in Resume building.
- To build Social Proof.
- To gain credibility
- To work as a certified Google ads specialist
- To gain Freelancing projects
Hence we can say that getting a Google Ads certificate for free is definitely worth your time.
Hope you all got the clear understanding of how to get a google ads certification for free, share this blog with others if you find it helpful and go get your own Google Ads Certification for free.